10 November 2012

October Acquisitions

One of the best days of October is bag day at one of our local library's annual book sale. They give you brown paper sacks and you cram as many books into the sack as you can for $5.00. I usually leave with three bags. This year, I left with five bags and around 150 books!

Not counting the library sale, only eight new books came into my home in October:

The Ivy Chronicles, by Karen Quinn

This came in the mail as a surprise from a BookCrossing member who saw it on my wish list.









                         
Just The Way You Are, by Christina Dodd

I picked this up at Walmart while buying groceries.








Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

This came in the mail from a Book Mooch member.









My Lie: A True Story of False Memory, by Meredith Maran

I ordered this from Alibris.









The Fifteenth Pelican, by Tere Rios, another one I got through Book Mooch. I used to love the TV show when I was younger, and have been watching reruns recently on one of our local TV channels, and when I realized it was based on a book, I immediately went searching for it.







And I did make a trip to a thrift store, which yielded three books:



Maisie Dobbs, by Jacqueline Winspear; The Sweetest Gift, by Jillian Hart; and Wish List, by Fern Michaels.

I really need to refrain from buying/ordering/mooching books as there's no space in my room for more! In addition to the five bags from the library sale I mentioned above, I have four bags of book from another library sale in September, and I've nowhere in my house to put them!

What I really need is a bigger house.

No comments:

Post a Comment