08 October 2015

Engaged in Danger


Synopsis from Goodreads: Finally, life is good for reluctant family law attorney, Jamie Quinn--her father may get his visa soon, her boyfriend is the bomb, and her law practice is growing like crazy--but when she agrees to take on a high-profile divorce case, everything falls apart. What looked like an opportunity to work with her friend Grace and make some serious bucks has turned into a deadly game, one that could destroy their friendship and tear their town apart. Why couldn't Jamie just leave well enough alone?

Stats for my copy: Kindle edition, 2015.

How acquired: Given to me by the author.

First lines: “What do you mean you're going to Australia for three months? If this is a joke, Kip, I don't think it's funny.”

My thoughts: As this fourth book in the enjoyable Jamie Quinn series opens, Jamie is upset to learn that her Parks Director boyfriend is going to Australia for three months to play with wombats. But she shouldn't worry too much – her life is about to get super busy, with plenty of goings on to keep her occupied.

Jamie misses Kip while he's gone, but I'll admit that I did not. With my favorite PI Marmaduke Broussard around, I'm happy and entertained. Of course Jamie's life wouldn't be complete without a little danger thrown in. And there's a lot of plot going on to keep things movin at a brisk pace - a woman who can't get any other attorney in the state to represent her in a divorce from her high-powered attorney husband, an investigation into who owned an airplane that crashed, leaving the little girl next door an orphan, a partnership and then a falling out between Jamie and Grace, and an ending that made me tear up. Plus an unexpected Nick Dimitropoulos moment – he's been one of my favorite characters since the first book, and I've resigned myself to the fact that he and Jamie will never be romantically involved, but I like where I think the author is taking him now!


This is my favorite entry in the series. The writing is smooth and flowing, the characters are realistic and a bit quirky, the story line has some twists and turns, and the dialogue is fun and often funny. I hope there will be more Jamie Quinn books in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment