01 December 2021

Lights Out (The SNAP Agency, Book 1)

 

NATALIE WALTERS

Stats for my copy: Trade paperback, Revell, 2021.

How acquired: Revell Reads

(For Goodreads synopsis, scroll down.)

My thoughtsI’ve only read two of Natalie Walter’s books, the first and second book in her Harbored Secrets series, and loved both of them, so I was excited to get this first book in her new The SNAP Agency series. Unfortunately, I struggled to connect with it. The author’s writing is wonderful, as always, and I loved the scenes where it was just Brynn and Jack interacting, or when they were apart and being angsty about each other. But the international terrorist/cyber terrorist plot just did not appeal to me, and I had trouble staying interested in it. The characters are all richly drawn, and the action is non-stop. I’m not sure if I’ll want to read the next book, but I do still want to read the rest of the Harbored Secrets series, and whatever I can find from the author’s backlist.

Synopsis from Goodreads: CIA analyst Brynn Taylor developed a new program to combat terrorism, and she invited members of foreign intelligence agencies to America to foster cooperation between countries. Now one of them, Egyptian spy Remon Riad, is missing.

Jack Hudson has been working for the Strategic Neutralization and Protection Agency (SNAP) for almost nine years and takes the lead in hunting down the missing spy. But he isn't at all pleased to find out Brynn is involved. It's hard to trust a woman who's already betrayed you.

Every lead they follow draws them dangerously deeper into an international plot. Kidnapping, murder, explosions, poisoning--the terrorists will do anything to accomplish their goal of causing a digital blackout that will blind a strategic US military communications center and throw the world into chaos.

Can Brynn surrender control to a man who doesn't trust her? And can Jack ever get over what she did to him? The fate of the world--and their hearts--hangs in the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment