29 June 2016

Mini Reviews

Lady's Choice, by Jayne Ann Krentz 

Mira Books, 1997


At first I was afraid I wasn't going to like this one. I found Juliana hard to relate to, and wasn't sure I would like her. As soon as she and Travis had sex for the first time she just assumed that they would be getting married. I'm fine with old fashioned but good lord, it was the 80's/early 90's, not 1900. However, once they got past that little bump in the road I began to enjoy the book, and I particularly liked Travis by the end.







Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Queen of Babble, Book 3), by Meg Cabot 

William Morrow, 2008


I waited way too long after reading the first two Queen of Babble books to read this one, because I quickly realized I could not remember anything about the first two books. I'd forgotten all the back story about how Lizzie met Luke and Chaz. Once I got past that and just settled into the story, I enjoyed it well enough, but I did want to keep thumping Lizzie's forehead and asking her how she could be so blind. Fortunately, it ended the way I needed it to so I was happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment