04 April 2024

Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book One)

 

EOIN COLFER

Stats: Mass market paperback, Miramax Books/Hyperian Books for Children, 2003

How acquired: From a member of BookCrossing.

(Synopsis below.)

My thoughts: I had a little trouble getting into this as I found Artemis to be such an unlikable character. But as soon as Holly made her entrance I was more interested, and in fact started thinking I'd be happy to just read about her only. And despite getting more invested in the story, I would have been very happy if Artemis had died in the end, though I knew that was unlikely since there is a second book in this series bearing his name.

After I finished it, I watched the movie trailer on IMDb, and based on that and all the low starred reviews, I have no interest at all in watching the movie. Which is unusual for me.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius – and, above all, a criminal mastermind. But even Artemis doesn’t know what he’s taken on when he kidnaps a fairy, Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon Unit. These aren’t the fairi3es of bedtime stories – they’re dangerous! Gull of unexpected twists and turns, ARTEMIS FOWL is a riveting, magical adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment