10 August 2012

July Acquisitions

July was a busy month for my mailbox! I have really got to slow down on acquiring books and try to move some out first! Below are some of my new TBR books...not counting all the books I picked up at thrift stores his month!

 

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris - I've been enjoying the Sookie Stackhouse books, though I've only read the first four so far.

Kick Ass, by Maggie Shayne, MaryJanice Davidson, Angela Knight, and Jacey Ford - I got this because I love MaryJanice Davidson. I don't think I've read anything by Shayne or Knight yet, and I can't recall if I'd even heard of Ford before now.

The Department of Lost & Found, by Allison Winn Scotch - I discovered this author thanks to Twitter.



I received three Catherine George books from a BookMooch member: Legally His; No More Secrets; and The Forever Affair.

A trip to the thrift store yielded some good results:



Nightlight: A Parody from The Harvard Lampoon - I've yet to read Twilight, but couldn't resist this book.
A Time to Heal, by Linda Goodnight - one of my favorite Love Inspired authors.
Never Love a Cowboy, by Lorraine Heath - I've never heard of this author, but the book sounded good. Turns out it's the second in her Rogues series.


 

Lord of Thunder, by Emma Merritt - I still love these bodice rippers!
The Cowboy's Homecoming, by Brenda Minton - I've read the first and second books in Minton's Cowboys series and really enjoyed them.

After a casual mention on BookCrossing that I had a few of Sue Grafton's Kinsey Milhone series but wanted to read the series in order, two other members promptly sent me several more of the series:



B is For Burglar; C is for Corpse; D is for Deadbeat

 

E is for Evidence; I is for Innocent; J is for Judgment

 

M is for Malice; P is for Peril


And another BookCrosser surprised me with a RABCK (Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness), sending me a book from my wish list:

The Brightest Star in the Sky, by Marian Keyes. Ms. Keyes is one of my favorite authors, and introduced me to chick lit with Watermelon, which I just loved. I've loved all of her books so far.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment