10 March 2011

March 2011 Acquisitions 2

Back in 2008 I read Sleeping With the Fishes by MaryJanice Davidson, and quite enjoyed it. Now I've finally gotten the next two books in this series - Fred the Mermaid. Don't you love all the covers?

       


Also, at the end of February, the Metropolitan Library System held its huge annual book sale at the fairgrounds. This is always one of the highlights of the year for my family. I went on a Saturday morning with my mom, sister, aunt, and a friend. This is no amatuer event. It calls for stamina and perseverance, and if you have an aversion to crowds, well, that's a weakness. This is the cart I take with me, which I bought at Target one year specifically for this purpose.

After I'd filled my cart up once, I made myself stop. I usually fill it, then take my books to the holding area to be bagged, then go back out and fill it again. But, while going through the checkout, I then succumbed to the lures of the sealed boxes, and bought a romance box priced at $7.50.  So how many books did I go home with? Well, the box had 160 books in it, almost all serial romance types, Harlequin, Loveswept, and so forth, with a few older paperbacks thrown in. In addition to the box, I had picked out 88 paperbacks. I stayed away from the more expensive hardbacks this year. All in all I spent about $41.00. And was a very happy camper. Even though I bought five books that I already had copies of! It's hard to keep track sometimes of what I already have...

Every year I say I'm going to move out more books than I bring in. Every year I fail. Especially when the library sale comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment