18 January 2011

January 2011 Acquisitions 2

Today in my mail - a box of books! Woo hoo! I'd received a Catherine George book from a Book Mooch member not long ago, and she told me she had lots and lots of old romance novels and asked if there were any others I was looking for. So I sent her a list of Catherine George and Linda Randall Wisdom books, and she sent me the ones she had, plus she threw in an Anne Mather.  So I received:

Linda Randall Wisdom:
A Man for Maggie (Harlequin American Romance #350)
Appearances are Deceiving (Harlequin American Romance #293)
Counterfeit Husband (Harlequin American Romance #596)

Catherine George:
Love Lies Sleeping (Harlequin Presents #1016)
Summer of the Storm (Harlequin Romance #3345)
A Brief Encounter (Harlequin Romance #3360)
A Civilised Arrangement (Harlequin Romance #3147)
An Engagement of Convenience (Harlequin Presents #2059)
Dream of Midsummer (Harelquin Romance #2571)
Man of Iron (Harlequin Romance #2924)
Touch Me In The Morning (Harlequin Presents #1065)
Reluctant Paragon (Harlequin Romance #2535)

And Anne Mathers, Cage of Shadows (Harlequin Presents #610). I actually had a copy of this years and years ago, but I gave it away through Bookcrossing.com without having read it.  I did that with a bunch of books when I first joined the site. I rarely do that now though.

Catherine George is probably my favorite Harlequin author. The first book of hers I read was Devil Within (Harlequin Presents #722), and I almost gave it away on BookCrossing without reading it, but at the last minute I had decided to read it over a weekend and mail it out on Monday. I ended up loving it. It reminded me a little of Lucy Walker's books, who I adore. So I wrote a letter to Ms. George to tell her how much I loved it, and she not only wrote back to me, but sent me an autographed copy of City Cinderella!

No comments:

Post a Comment